 Dear LEGO / 148
  "Bright Side?"

I just noticed something in the '99 S@H catalog that escaped my initial attention. On page 16 where the new packs of green bricks, plates, etc. are, at the top of the page the legomaniac cartoon figure is saying (in a cartoon bubble) "You asked for (...) (26 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "Bright Side?"

(...) I dunno. There's a lot of other things they sure haven't listened to. "You asked for..." is probably just marketing-speak. (26 years ago, 24-Jan-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "Bright Side?"

(...) Yeah, or maybe they waited until 5,000 people asked for them before they did anything? Not likely, but you never know. I've wondered how people are taking this - things we've been clamoring for appearing in the S@H catalog. Part of me is (...) (26 years ago, 24-Jan-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "Bright Side?"

(...) Hearing this reminds of where I work: they listen as long as it can fit with the general direction of where they're going, and, more importantly, if someone is willing to champion the idea. I can see a few folks over there saying to each other (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "Bright Side?"

(...) Partly. I wouldn't expect them to do something customers have requested, unless they expect to see some positive benefit. Either more profit directly, or indirectly from benefitting sales in other ways. BUT, I don't think they just said "Hey! (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "Bright Side?"

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36abd9eb.1613122@lu...et.com>... (...) I'll second this conclusion. Now they can claim they care. Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)