 Dear LEGO / 152
Re: "Bright Side?"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 00:23:18 GMT

Mike Stanley writes:
Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:
John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote:
a cartoon bubble) "You asked for new colors- check out NEW green
bricks...black roof tiles...plus, white and black plates!"  Could it be

I dunno. There's a lot of other things they sure haven't listened to. "You
asked for..." is probably just marketing-speak.

Yeah, or maybe they waited until 5,000 people asked for them before
they did anything?  Not likely, but you never know.

I've wondered how people are taking this - things we've been clamoring
for appearing in the S@H catalog.  Part of me is tempted to think,
"gee, maybe they do listen."  Part of me thinks, though, that they
just finally did something they should have done a long time ago,
something that will most certainly make them more money, regardless of
who wanted it or asked for it.

Hearing this reminds of where I work: they listen as long as it can fit with
the general direction of where they're going, and, more importantly, if
someone is willing to champion the idea. I can see a few folks over there
saying to each other around the water-cooler:

Emp#1: "I'd love to do that (whatever the idea), but I'm too busy over-seeing
R&D for Scala."
Emp#2: "And I can't do it either, cuz I've got those Episode I prototypes to
review..."
Emp#3: "I'm in meetings with the Creator people all this week for a possible
version 2."

etc.

-Tom McD.