 Dear LEGO / 1412 (-20)
  Re: Farlie A

(...) My understanding is that you can't copyright an idea either: copyright protects an *expression*, ie a poem, a computer program, a piece of music. Writing a program to print a calendar means you have copyright in the program, but not the idea (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Perhaps, but are those labor costs more than the cost of trans-Atlantic (...) than (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Totally unrealistic. The labor costs to break down the sets would cost more than selling them at a discount. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Of course there is always the obvious, that TLG might decide to break slow moving sets from the previous year or two and sell those pieces individually instead of their current practice of reshipping unsold sets back to Europe for markdown in that (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

In lugnet.dear-lego, Timothy D. Freshly writes: Cool idea! (...) This might not be a problem if TLC allow bulk ordering to take up to 3% of piece A, and 5% of piece B etc. So however they distribute the excess is up to them? I don't think we'd make (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  "Face" Packs

One of the things that I would like to see is a "face" pack. Taking a couple face types and putting different expressions on them (Happy, sad, laughing, crying, surprise, anger, etc.) I think they would be easy to make (yellow bricks and some ink) (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Dear Brad: As you can see, one of the AFOLs primary concerns is the ability to bulk order a wide variety of pieces in vastly different quantities. Wouldn't it be great if an AFOL could order ANY piece currently in production in ANY quantity (at (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Proposed New Train Components

(...) Small and Large wheel sets for more authentic steamers! Ones which don't jam up on points and crossings. wheelsets with a technic axle for hooking up mechanicals or embedding a technic motor to drive the train. (...) Y shaped points, angled (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO should reissue some classic windows.

(...) My best guess would be 6079 Dark Forest Fortress. It came with one blue one. Jeff (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO should reissue some classic windows.

In lugnet.dear-lego, Gary R. Istok writes: **snip of some compelling suggestions** (...) This has probably been asked before, but a search for "shutters" returns exactly one gozillion entries, so I thought I'd ask again. What was the last set to (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  LEGO should reissue some classic windows.

Dear Brad Justus, I have mentioned before (ad nauseum), but it would be nice if LEGO re-issued some of their classic windows (originally produced from 1957 to the late 1970s). Here are some reasons: 1) the 1x1x1, 1x1x2 and 1x2x1 small classic (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Proposed New Train Components

Another thing that would be very nice to have - loooooooong 9V leads, or better yet, the connector plate with a 1-2" pigtail on it, so that we can make wires as long as needed, or use the pigtailed one inside of cars for DCC and other custom wiring. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Proposed New Train Components

(...) Nothing wrong with magnetic - imagine ELECTROmagnetic - then DCC could go really crazy ;-) (...) YES, DEFINITELY needed! I'm going to gut a few motors to get the usage I need on them, I'd MUCH rather buy powered trucks. (...) ANY wider radius (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Proposed New Train Components

Although most people in the train genre of Lego complain, including myself, about lack of support and a need for better service packs, we have been lucky in the number and kind of train packs already. I would like to see more, however. I (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A Clarification on My earlier posting.

(...) If you're asking whether or not it's OK to include a copyright notice in the articles you post...yes, that's OK (assuming you've created an original work, of course. :) That is, it's not against the discussion group T&C to include a copyright (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Farlie A

In response to my earlier posting. 5 For Legomedia. The Advanced Technic designers handbook: Includes - Model Ideas - Technical descriptions on how mechanisms work.-(models?) (...) Link it with Octan that already has a tanker and forecourt perhaps? (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Proposed project

Dear Lego, in the interest of integrating Digital Command Control (DCC) with current LEGO trains it sure would be interesting if the two most respected names in European "toys" cooperated on a joint project (meaning LEGO & Marklin), wouldn't that be (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  A Clarification on My earlier posting.

Regarding my earlier messages. Sorry! I was wrong in a number of respects :- ( <SNIP> (...) In Additon LUGNET Terms of use (quoted in context here) clearly state: ' 7. By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Farlie A

(...) Well... this is ideal, of course... but is it actually enforceable? Even if the information has already been copyrighted, copyright does not protect against independant discovery. Since the information presented on lugnet is practically (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Farlie A

(...) A note from the authour of the post.. The formality was essentialy a header note to anyone from lego who reades this post. FYI- Leters that are formal usally take longer to write and are somtimes clearer than 'falme' postings written in a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact