 Dear LEGO / 1406
  Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Dear Brad: As you can see, one of the AFOLs primary concerns is the ability to bulk order a wide variety of pieces in vastly different quantities. Wouldn't it be great if an AFOL could order ANY piece currently in production in ANY quantity (at (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

In lugnet.dear-lego, Timothy D. Freshly writes: Cool idea! (...) This might not be a problem if TLC allow bulk ordering to take up to 3% of piece A, and 5% of piece B etc. So however they distribute the excess is up to them? I don't think we'd make (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Of course there is always the obvious, that TLG might decide to break slow moving sets from the previous year or two and sell those pieces individually instead of their current practice of reshipping unsold sets back to Europe for markdown in that (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

[moving to l.market.theory] Do they move unsold sets in that direction ? With the various oddball sets that show up at S@H and other vendors (ZB.com ?), I always thought it was the unsold euorpean sets being sent to the US. The back of the S@H (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

My source for my info is the store manager at the local Zainy Brainy, apparently not only does TLG reship unsold sets over here (ZB receives some of (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Totally unrealistic. The labor costs to break down the sets would cost more than selling them at a discount. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Perhaps, but are those labor costs more than the cost of trans-Atlantic (...) than (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Why not even borrow from some of the large piece auctions that allow you to combine multiple winning bids into a shipment. Release the production schedule for 3 months and require all bulk orders come in at once. This allows TLC to have the info (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

James Gowell <jgowell@umich.edu> wrote in message news:3889162F.926F64...ich.edu... (...) to (...) schedule (...) to (...) out, or (...) the (...) as (...) ARE (...) knows (...) cards! (...) Interesting "grab bag" idea. What I was getting at, (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)