 Dear LEGO / 1335
Re: TLCs stance on stop-motion films?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 17:19:50 GMT

Mike Petrucelli wrote in message ...
In lugnet.dear-lego, Matthew Miller writes:
Mike Petrucelli <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote:
I neglected a key point in my original question that might change the
senerio somewhat.  What if one was to use minifigs as "actors" in a film.
(Obviously one cannot use the Darth Vader minifig, but what about the
tattooine luke if it is not supposed to be luke but rather a completly
different character.  Switch heads, hair, etc.)

One probably _can_ use the Darth Vader minifig if it's a parody. And if
you're not making any money off of this, free speech rights go a long way.

Well half of the question is could one sell it. (assuming anyone would want
it.)  I am thinking of making a feature length film.  (~2 hours)  I have • over
20,000 US$ worth of Lego elements.  My question is could I use that as the
medium of the film but not actually point out that what it is.  On the flip
side would TLC prefer that it was pointed out for free advertising.  I am • just
guessing that only Mr. Justus or another person of sorts could anwser this.
(Can one use the new queen minifig change the hat to a brown hair piece • give
her a new name and use her as an "actor."  What about the rest of the • figs?)

-Lord Insanity

About a month ago in Orlando there was a film festival made up of shorts
from amateur and novice filmmakers.  They were all very odd artsy films.
One was made entirely with Lego elements.  Unfortunately I missed that part
of the show.  I think you could make a film using Lego elements and sell it
with out a problem.

Matthew Verdier

"You can't just say you're King because some watery tart threw a sword at
you"
Dennis 932 AD

http://www.GeoCities.com/~mjvlego/

http://www.GeoCities.com/~hldc/