 Dear LEGO / 1322
Re: TLCs stance on stop-motion films?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 23:55:08 GMT

Mike Petrucelli <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote:
Does anyone know thier stance?  If someone made a movie using Lego elements
instead of clay or something but didn't actually point out the fact that it
was Lego, (they treated the film completly serious and never pointed out
the fact that it was made with Lego it simply was, just as one makes
animated clay films.) Would that person be able to sell the film? (assuming
anyone actually would want it) I don't know if I would ever do this but I
have heard of those that did.

I think as long as the Lego logo wasn't prominent (perhaps even not
apparent), you'd be far within your rights. I mean, most things you see used
in movies are made by _someone_, even those not there because of licensing
deals.

Now, if your movie is really offensive, you may be coming into the 'respect'
issue. But that's a seperate one.