 Dear LEGO / 1176
Re: Brad: A way for almost ANY piece to be sold...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 01:16:35 GMT

Robert M. Dye <robdye@writeme.com> wrote:
Why not hire one or two promising high school students out of good ol'
Enfield High, and make them apprentices in the model department?  Offer them
minimum wage AND a discount on LEGO, AND they get to keep creations they
build in the lab, PROVIDED their teachers (the master builders) regard them
as being up to LEGO standards.

PART OF THE APPRENTICES' JOB WOULD BE:  filling orders for LEGO direct.
Parts that cannot be offered in a service pack (not enough demand, or
whatever) can be picked by hand in the model shop bins, packed, shipped, and
sold by weight of abs plus shipping.  Just set the per ounce price high
enough to justify the whole thing.

This would give you an idea what parts are in demand, and what things don't
have high demand, but are still sought by AFOL's.

I really think this could work.

Sounds interesting.  Gotta pay 'em more than minimum wage, though,
especially in CT.  I doubt many kids would even work for that.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/