 Database / Scans / 108
Re: Scans on CD?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 12:35:36 GMT

In lugnet.db.scans, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.db.scans, Kevin Loch writes:
The last time I complained to Ebay about someone selling instruction
CD's they sent me a form letter stating that the rights owner
should join Ebay's VERO program and kill the auctions themselves.
Apparently it wasn't blatant enough for Ebay to take action themselves.

KL

If you find it disturbing (I think it is!), give a short note to the Lego
Company. Their lawyers will solve the problem, and the seller of the CDs will
never try again to make money that way.

A (not so close) friend of mine had that kind of trouble once, and he made an
experience for his lifetime.... ;-)

I think the pure existance of these CDs is no problem, but to make money with
them isn't ok at all. I have all building instructions of brickshelf loaded
down and a lot of additional ones too.
That's enough to fill 4 CDs! And I shared them with all my friends of the
German Lego-Forum by starting a snowball system: I gave two copie of my CDs to
two friends who made each two copies for further friends and so on for
weeks.....
Since that time building instructions on CDs went never again over 15$ on
German eBay. Sometimes before they even got bids over 100$.

I hope nobody is annoyed about this kind of sharing the building instruction:
The whole copying was without profit for anyone, but a lot of people saved a
lot of dollars, since there is no flat rate for internet in Germany so far.

Regards,

Ben

Kevin Loch, please feel free to download these scans by Egon Eiermann for
brickshelf:
http://buerger.metropolis.de/legoit/lego.html
there are rare highlights like 239, 120, 723, 138(!) and a lot of
catalogues...

Just as a note, I don't think Kevin as a general rule goes elsewhere to
"gather" scans. I get the impression he gets so many in his designated inbox
that if he had to go hunting around for where the other ones are, he'd never
get anything done.

So to the general public, I suggest you review the info on brickshelf about how
to upload scans and do it that way. Kev may or may not have already gotten
Egon's scans, this note is from a while back, and I certainly can't speak FOR
him, just give advice like i just did.

I wouldn't think it's any big deal but worth pointing out.