 Database / Set Inventories / 1254
Re: Parts Catalog v 0.0.10
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 02:13:33 GMT

Once again, thank you for this continually improving program!  The searching
function is very impressive and VERY useful.  Now on to my notes...

- Moving columns around in the grid seems to have some glitches.  If you
move them before adding parts, it displays okay.  But if you then attempt to
sort on a column by clicking on the label at the top, it sorts by the
category that was originally displayed there.  And attempting to move
columns around when parts have already been added does some very strange things.

- It would be nice if it remembered the order of the columns in the grid the
way it remembers everything else.  When you restart it goes back to the
default column line-up.

- The combination problem rears its head again.  When you add two of the
same part, same color, but with different bag numbers, it combines the parts
and loses the second bag number.

- Very neat print feature!  Minor bug though, at least on my printer when I
print it out, the first column (Quantity) is lined up properly under the
label.  The second and third columns (Ldraw # and Part Name) are one
character past the label.  This continues to get worse the further to the
right you go.  It seems to be a matter of not using tabs and the
appearance and the way you've set up the data.

- It might be nice to arrange the columns in the same order as on Peeron
(Quantity, Ldraw #, Bag(if any), Color, Part Name, Notes) just to make
visual comparisons easier.  It would also be nice if it could wrap fields
rather than cutting them off.

- It might be nice to be able to send inventories to Peeron (inv@peeron.com)
through the program.  As is I generally create an e-mail with a subject of
"<set number and name> Inventory", and then in the body tell Dan and Jenn
what set it is, what the source was (MISB, from instructions, etc.), sign my
name, and attach the inventory.  If Parts Catalog could be set up with a
button to fire off an e-mail with that information and attach the inventory
in the peeron format, it would be a timesaver.  Obviously this would have to
have the approval of Peeron.

- It would be useful for the program to display the current set number and
name (the Set field) on the title bar.  This would help differentiate when
running multiple sessions at the same time.

So far so good.  Thanks for putting the time in.

  Samuel Christiansen

In lugnet.db.inv, Bob Kojima writes:
Version 0.0.10  02-15-02