 Database / Set Inventories / 1166
Re: Peeron.com crosses 1000 inventories posted!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:16:41 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Dan Boger writes:
In lugnet.db.inv, Johannes Koehler wrote:
Unfortunately MOST German AFOLs can not use this database. And that's
really a shame because www.peeron.com is a very useful database.

Unfortunatly, we had to block access to t-online.de after repeated
spiders downloaded the whole site (ignoring robots.txt). We are limited
in the bandwidth we can serve out a month, and didn't want to have the
site go down to all, just because of some bad apples. When I get a
chance, I'll try to put in a system where a user could log in, and get
access anyway - that way, if a user misbehaves, I could block just that
one user, instead of the whole domain.

Cool... will that be for all users across all domains or only for domains
you think are the source of bad spiders? (most users would not have to log
in but users from spiderrich domains would log in and get access, except for
those users that demonstrated they WERE spiders who would be locked out...
something like that?)