 Dacta / 281
Re: Need help testing 9751 Serial Interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dacta
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 02:21:41 GMT

Problem solved!  Here's what the fellow wrote, in case this is of use to anybody
in the future.

Thanks,
-Jason

"
I tried the null modem last night but I was making other changes as well so when
it did not work I removed it.  That is the key.  A null modem or null modem
cable must be used.

If your other buyer is a programmer he can avoid having to use Robolab by going
to one of these two websites for the Control Interface code/dll files.

For Java development:
http://www.timo.dk/wp/2009/01/25/java-control-class-for-dacta-70909/

For VB.Net development:
http://news.lugnet.com/dacta/?n=261

These methods are much easier if he is a programmer.
For future reference, I am using a new Dell Precision M6500 laptop with windows
7 64bit loaded.  I have a VMware Virtual machine running with Windows XP SP3
loaded and I am using a USB - Serial converter mapped to com port 6.  I now have
the control interface working using the VB.Net demo program (website posted
above) and I am getting good readings on all sensors.
"