 Color / 440
Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:58:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Thank you, Marc!

You said it much better (and much calmer) than me.  Perhaps that's why
certain individuals didn't like my posts.  Perhaps there was too much
feeling in them.  I can't help it.  I've loved this hobby more than any
other since I first swooshed a Galaxy Explorer around my grandma's living
room.  The more I think about the change, the more hopping mad I get.  The
company (for no sensible reason that we've heard so far) makes a change that
affects us all in the biggest way possible, and now some of us just want to
drop it and move on?  Move on to what?  What issue could possibly more
important?  Are we really going to spend our time quibbling about where to
discuss the issue instead of discussing it at all?  Are the rules of posting
more important than the content of the posts?  I think that confining such
far-reaching implications to any ng other than general is just plain denial
since the impact of this change upon our hobby is GLOBAL.

I totally understand that some of you are tired of the complaints you've
read, but I don't believe that they're going to stop anytime soon, and I
definitely don't agree that there isn't anything we can do about it.  So
here's my proposal:  I'm in the process of composing a letter to the company
expressing my feelings in this matter.  I'll be posting it here so Larry
doesn't burst a blood vessel and/or Todd doesn't revoke my membership (which
would surprise me 'cause I thought "Blay On" was funny as hell and those who
thought that it was childish, well . . . forget it, I'll probably catch
enough flak just for attempting to keep this "tired" discussion going!).
Those of you who want to let the company know of your feelings in this
matter I urge to read it.  If you agree with my point of view, please feel
free to copy it, sign it, and send it.

In the meantime, could somebody please post a list of "acceptable" topics
for general discussion because I can't think of a single one more important
than the one that nobody wants to discuss.

The emperor is naked and the elephant is still standing there.

DinosaurDave

"Marc Nelson Jr." <legomarc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Randall Lee Crabtree wrote:
To LUGNET users:

For the past 7 months I have heard too much about the color issues. It • is time
to put the issue behind us and move on for the good of the community.
Sometimes I think that all of you forgot that this is a toy. A toy for • kids
that we are so lucky to get to play with.  If you HATE the change so • much sell
your LEGO®. LEGO® WILL NOT change back. So stop crying like a little • school
girl who just scraped her knee. I've seen all the rants, cartoons, and • stupid
little form letters to send to Jake. Give the man a rest. Better yet • tell him
thank you.

To Jake:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R. Lee Crabtree
Hardlug
Hampton Roads Lego Users Group

I'm not even going to address the color issue, as I have made my opinion • known
on LUGNET, and I'm making my opinion known to TLC by voting with my • dollars.

What's bothering me are the repeated demands for silence from those who • disagree
and continue to be unhappy with the color change. To those who are happy • with
the color change:

* Is it that offensive to hear opinions that don't conform to your own?

* Aren't there any options other than forming a consensus (in favor of the
  change) or keeping silent? Can't we continue to express contrary • opinions?

* Why is unhappiness with the color change issue construed as a personal
  attack on Jake McKee? I have no beef with Jake - he didn't decide to • change
  the colors. Let me add my own big thanks to Jake for all that he does. • But
  it's his job to communicate between TLC and AFOLs, so he's the guy I
  express my opinions (positive and negative) to. What's wrong with that?

* Why SHOULD we give up? AFOLs complained for years about (for example) • the
  lack of bulk bricks - and now we have bulk discounts and Pick-a-Brick. I
  don't think it was a coincidence.

That's all. I respect your right to voice your opinions on LUGNET. Please
respect mine.

Marc Nelson Jr.