 Color / 451
Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:50:48 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.color, David Simmons wrote:

The
company (for no sensible reason that we've heard so far) makes a change that
affects us all in the biggest way possible, and now some of us just want to
drop it and move on?  Move on to what?

How about building? I just got around to opening my Maersk last night. It looks
fantastic. I'm putting the finishing touches on a moc that contains both old and
new gray. I'm plotting which of my existing mocs will work better with the new
colors, and how to go about changing them.

I totally understand that some of you are tired of the complaints you've
read, but I don't believe that they're going to stop anytime soon,

And that's what people are tired of. Hearing the same thing over and over again.
We get it. Some of you are unhappy. We know why. Lego knows why. Lego even
offered help in the form of bulk packs. How many companies would even do that?

But there hasn't been any new content in any of these posts. It's always:

a) My 400,000+ piece collection is now totally worthless. I can't build anything
with it. Lego destroyed my life.
b) The idiot at Lego who made this decision should be fired and then stoned to
death with Duplo blocks.
c) I'm simply posting so that the word "blay" will appear more often in the
Lugnet search engine, hence making the color issue even more important.

Ok, so those are slight exaggerations, but they're not really that far off from
what is being repeated over and over again.

So
here's my proposal:  I'm in the process of composing a letter to the company
expressing my feelings in this matter.

Agreed. One well written letter to Lego is worth more than a thousand Lugnet
rants. I don't understand why AFOLs aren't pursuing this issue through more
constructive methods.

Why don't people put their money where their mouths are? Why are the old bulk
color packs still available on LSAH, more than two months after release? What
business incentive are you giving Lego to bring the old colors back: a few
disenfranchised fans that complain and complain on Lugnet but can't even move
$360,000 of product that was painstakingly created solely for them? Isn't Lego
revenue something on the order of $1.5 billion/yr? Where's the 5%?

Spencer