 Color / 453
Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 02:40:51 GMT

In lugnet.color, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.color, J. Spencer Rezkalla wrote:

Why don't people put their money where their mouths are? Why are the old bulk
color packs still available on LSAH, more than two months after release? What
business incentive are you giving Lego to bring the old colors back: a few
disenfranchised fans that complain and complain on Lugnet but can't even move
$360,000 of product that was painstakingly created solely for them? Isn't Lego
revenue something on the order of $1.5 billion/yr? Where's the 5%?

Good question. I did *MY* bit. My calculations show me that I bought better than
.5% of the total production run. That's right... Half a percent of the whole
run! I can't really afford it but I wanted that run to be successful. To send a
message to LEGO that the old colors mattered and that I appreciated the effort
Jake went to in getting them to us.

Who else bought enough to be noticed?

I'm not saying that everyone else has to do what I did. Maybe those parts aren't
right for you. I dunno. But I wonder, I really do.

I have purchased as much as I could when I could. 40 bags each of the grays. I
will keep buying as I can afford to until they are gone.

Steven Weiser