 Color / 228
    Possible red change? —Tobias Möller
   In (URL) Jake mentioned that some colours had been "tweaked", but he did not supply a complete list. Of course, I know about the "new grey" issue, and that change is obvious, but what about other possible colour changes? I bought two red Xpods, and (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color)

        Re: Possible red change? —Saskia van Doesburg
     (...) I had the same experience with the green X-pod. As I am typing, I'm comparing the red x-pod hinge with a regular red brick and notice the same difference you're talking about. How about yellow? Does anyone know anything about that? Regards, (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color)

        Re: Possible red change? —Martin Bruun
     (...) It is difficult to say anything about colors for sure these days, but some variation i colors have always existed and are quite commonn when it comes to parts that requires some flexibility in the ABS. Parts like bricks with clips, (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color)

        Re: Possible red change? —Don Heyse
     (...) It's hard to say. I think it's like the purple bus, a quality control issue. I just stacked some bricks and plates from the red pod with some bricks and plates from a martian set. You can easily see the pod hinges are more pale than the rest. (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color)

        Re: Possible red change? —Erik Olson
     (...) I keep saying: this has been going on for years. There have been many slight variations in basic colors. I first noticed variations in yellow in the same tub in 1998. I have three shades of yellow, two shades of blue, and at least two shades (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color)

         Re: Possible red change? —Ray Sanders
     (...) Exactly.. as far back as 1999, when I was sorting bricks from 3033's and 2494's I noted that some yellow basic bricks has a very subtle red tinge, where others did not. I just figured that this was an odd red pellet that sneaked into the (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.color)

         Re: Possible red change? —Geoffrey Hyde
      "Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message news:I9tyLC.tv@lugnet.com... (...) If a red pellet accidentally fell into a bunch of yellow pellets the resulting output would be a very thin streak of red suddenly getting injection-molded into (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.color)

        Re: Possible red change? —Gerhard R. Istok
   (...) I have examples of color variations going all the way back to 1957, in Cellulose Acetate. Red macaroni bricks sometimes came in a darker red, as well as the orange-red that Cellulose Acetate is known for. So this is a situation that has been (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.color)