 Color / 1065
Re: the top 15 colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:46:31 GMT

In lugnet.color, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.color, Ray Sanders wrote:
Any chance that Peeron could reduce the duplicate/multiples out of those number
and show the 'unique parts' for each color ? That might be most revealing to
show which colors have had the greatest variety of parts produced.

I can't change Peeron, but I did do a query against the data, counting unique
parts found for each color.  Here are the heavy hitters:

White   2326
Black   2145
Yellow  1910
Red     1877
Blue    1353
Gray    1313
DkGray   842
Green    795
Brown    499
MdStone  487
Tan      442
DkStone  433
Orange   329
Clear    226
MdBlue   197

HTH,
Steve

So...  if I am interpreting the above numbers correctly... MdStone now has been
seen in 37% of the variety of parts that Gray has ever been known to have been
produced in (but not neccessarily the same base group tho). Not bad for ~1.3
years production of the new color vs ~20 years production of classic Gray.
DkStone OTOH now has 51% of the variety of parts produced in DkGray. These
numbers would (hopefully) indicate that a good variety of both shades of new
gray should be available after ~3 years of production (end of 2006 presumably).
It would be nice if TLC could fill in any obviously needed parts that they have
not yet produced in sets (I think Gary Istok said something yesterday along
these lines WRT roof slopes).

Ray