 Color / 1046
Re: the top 15 colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:11:18 GMT

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 05:00:55AM +0000, ondrew hartigan wrote:
the top 15

1.)  white                  2477parts <--  I always thought red was #1
2.)  black                  2406parts
3.)  red                    2120parts
4.)  yellow                 2073parts
5.)  light grey             1617parts
6.)  blue                   1512parts
7.)  dark grey              1079parts
8.)  green                   905parts
9.)  brown                   668parts
10.)  tan                     592parts
11.)  medium stone grey       491parts <-- this is creeping up the list fast
12.)  dark stone grey         438parts
13.)  orange                  409parts
14.)  trans white "clear"     302parts <--I didn't think it would make the list
15.)  medium blue             232parts <-- I?m surprised by this one too.

Interesting that BL reports a different order than Peeron does:

1       Black           143939
2       Gray            80050
3       White           71770
4       Red             67956
5       Yellow          52425
6       Blue            45521
7       DkGray          20404
8       Green           13672
9       Brown           8167
10      Tan             6925
11      MdStone         6332
12      Clear           5895
13      TrRed           4319
14      DkStone         4235
15      SandGreen       3897

I guess the two sites have a different collection of inventories to work
off. I believe Peeron has a lot more older inventories (of sets that
people don't often sell), which BL usually has the newer ones before
Peeron gets them.

(from http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/reports/mostcommon.cgi?type=Color&more=1&start=0)

--
Dan Boger