 Color / *784 (-10)
  Re: Suggestions required for medium sized sets with lots of grey

(...) It's difficult to find such sets. After many years of parting out, my light grey brick stock is tiny compared to white, red, blue, yellow, and black. I suspect that for some sizes, I have more orange and green than light grey. In the US, one (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.color)

  Suggestions required for medium sized sets with lots of grey

Hi All, I'm looking for a list or suggestion of sets which have been released within the past 5 years which are medium sized (say, smaller than ISD or metroliner sized, in the 20$-60$ bracket) Which have decent quantities of preferably old (or new, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.color)

  Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

(...) Not to mention "older" children whose eyesight is not what it once was.... (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

(...) Pins with friction are now a different colour to pins without friction. Tim (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

(...) This makes sense since the even length axles are now black and the odd length ones are now light grey. Axle pins have also gone to a single color, tan if I recall. -Orion (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

Salut Didier, (...) I think they are using different colors for different pins to make building easier, so younger children can do it. And blue for the half-pin seems to be the standard now. Jürgen (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic)

  Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

Hi, Sorry if this have ever been discussed. What is justifying the use of BLUE Technic Pin 1/2 - (URL) ? more precisely in Technic sets such as 8436 Truck ((URL) instead of the good old gray ones (please no "joke" on gray color issue thanks). For (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic)

  8779 1 x 2 Brick Color?

Can anyone clarify the color of five 1 x 2 bricks in the 8779 Grand Tournament kit? The peeron inventory shows them as light blue (the same as the 2 x 2 x 3 bricks from 4400). The Bricklink inventory shows them as medium blue. Any clarification is (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Possible red change?

(...) I have examples of color variations going all the way back to 1957, in Cellulose Acetate. Red macaroni bricks sometimes came in a darker red, as well as the orange-red that Cellulose Acetate is known for. So this is a situation that has been (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Possible red change?

"Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message news:I9tyLC.tv@lugnet.com... (...) If a red pellet accidentally fell into a bunch of yellow pellets the resulting output would be a very thin streak of red suddenly getting injection-molded into (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.color)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact