Re: The Wanderer, an online image-novella.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:45:31 GMT

Bryan,

To put all of this into perspective, consider how you would feel if someone
were to post the following message to you:

*** Please note that what follows is purely hypothetical and is presented for
demonstration purposes only ***

Dear Bryan,
I must say your opinion sucks. I don't care what most poeple say. It sucks. Yes
, i'm entitled to my own opinion. And it is that your opinion sucks ass. Your'e
probably all thinking "oh my gawd noone on Lugnet has said this to anyone
before" but you know what? I did.
I'm so sick of these opinions that are like "if I use excessive langage and
poor grammar then I don't need constructive criticism or next to any decorum
because the reader will be focused on the swearing." And what the hell is the
opinion? In Lugnet some CW wannabe wanders around and kills other people's
work. Does he have a motive? We are not told. Why does he kill creativity and
trash honest work? Read the first part of this paragraph. And another thing is
the reasoning it does have is utterly horrible. And whats with the guy who
keeps writing "sucks." It seems your attempts at pettiness have fallen flat.
The ranting concept isn't even very new , iv'e seen it used before. Also
swearing profusely completely shows that you must have next to no talent for
writing. Don't write another rant into this Lugnet "online community." How
pathectic , your'e trying to make a juvenile rant sound fancy. Don't write
another word , I don't want to see anythign else added to this hunking pile of
bullcrap. You suck. Stick to sulking, because you obviously can't write.

*** end of demonstration ***

Just my two cents worth,
Alan

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Bryan Buckley writes:
I must say your story sucks. I don't care what most poeple say. It sucks.
Yes , i'm entitled to my own opinion. And it is that your story sucks ass.
Your'e probably all thinking "oh my gawd noone on Lugnet has said this to
anyone before" but you know what? I did.
  I'm so sick of these stories that are like "if I have excessive gore and
eye candy then I don't need a real story or next to any dialogue because the
reader will be focused on the action." And what the hell is the story? In
feudal Japan some Raiden wannabe wanders around and kills people. Does he
have a motive? We are not told. Why does he kill thiefs and small time
criminals? Read the first part of this paragraph. And another thing is  the
dialogue it does have is utterly horrible. And whats with the guy who keeps
thinking "Oooh what a big stick." It seems your attempts at petty  humor
have fallen flat. The comic concept isn't even very new , iv'e seen it used
before. Also illustrating it completely shows that you must have next to no
talent for writing. Don't write another chapter into this Wander "online
image novella." How pathectic , your'e trying to make a comic sound fancy.
Don't write another chapter , I don't want to see anythign else added to
this hunking pile of bullcrap. You suck. Stick to building , because you
obviously can't write.