Re: The Wanderer, an online image-novella.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:11:52 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Jesse Alan Long writes:

Who is the writer for The Wanderer?   I also have a series of which I want
to make but I do not have that many LEGO pieces for what I really want to
make and my series is somewhat reminiscent of the LEGO Space themes and Mad
Max and other future apocalyptic motion pictures.  I would love to speak to
the writer of The Wanderer and give him or her some ideas on what to do for
the script.  I also can write stories but finishing the stories is another
matter entirely in my mind.
I also need some way to collect pictures of LDraw versions of LEGO pieces
and be able to build the instruction sets as if it were part of the LEGO
universe, that is, to build LEGO sets from LDraw pictures because using
graph paper on the more complicated LEGO sets and LEGO pieces is really
challenging and I am not a good artist so I have to use my imagination to
draw the sets and there are times where my memory fails me because I draw
these LEGO vehicles and forget or use too many parts or put parts on the
page that are not used in the final instructions for the LEGO vehicle which
is, needless to say, very irritating in my mind.  Do you know of any system
that can randomly generate parts from LDraw or other similar systems the
types of LEGO pieces that you need for an instructuion sheet and can give
you the pieces in any color that LEGO has ever used or to use any background
or generate your own background and to be able to insert your creation in
your background for your instructions for your LEGO sets?  Some people have
inserted their creations into existing backgrounds but I am wanting to know
how they did that and if there can exist a simpler system on how to
accomplish such a feat on the computer.  Thank you for your assistance,
Mister Maynes.
Jesse Long

Uhhmmmmmm... Ok..

I've got my brother writing for the Wanderer series. I'm paying him for it
though, so I'd have to ask him whether he'd be interested in your project - and
that I imagine would depend on what you'd be willing to, let's say, contribute.

LDraw? HOW did LDraw get into this thread? I don't know nothin' 'bout no
LDraw... Allow me to suggest that you'd likely have more success getting LDraw
information in a related newsgroup... like one that doesn't include .castle in
the name, for example. Sorry I can't help beyond that.

Cheers,
KMaynes