Re: The Wanderer, an online image-novella.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:58:43 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Kevin Maynes writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Jesse Alan Long writes:
In lugnet.announce, Kevin Maynes writes:

Anyway, you can get to it by clicking [The Wanderer] link found here;

http://www.kmaynespaint.com/Pages/SiteStructure/Subsidiaries.html

I like your story but I feel that the excess blood in the story is too
reminiscent of Mortal Kombat and too many anime scenes in anime so I believe
that if you want an equally effective scene, you should use angles in your
work.  I love the overall story but you need to use more angles instead of
more blood.  You should also try to use more of the environment in your
fighting scenes and also try to let The Wanderer bash some people together
instead of goring people.  Most thieves, pickpockets, and other petty thugs
understand the general idea that once they have been severely beaten that
they will not try to destroy that person.  These are merely my opinion so
until the next issue, I have the feeling that Matchlock and company will not
be very happy when they meet The Wanderer.
Jesse Long

Ummmm thanks for your comments.

I may well get more dynamic with each passing issue, should they come about,
we'll have to wait and see.

Can't say much about the blood content though, what the writer says goes for
the most part. I did resist the urge to cover the ground in red though.

I would wager that The Wanderer was thinking any bandit given a severe beating
is more likely to seek revenge in the future.. death kinda.. cuts that short,
shall we say. But I'm just guessing, even I've not yet seen the next
instalment.

I imagine you're right about the meeting of Matchlock and The Wanderer making
for an interesting show.

Cheers,
KMaynes

Who is the writer for The Wanderer?   I also have a series of which I want
to make but I do not have that many LEGO pieces for what I really want to
make and my series is somewhat reminiscent of the LEGO Space themes and Mad
Max and other future apocalyptic motion pictures.  I would love to speak to
the writer of The Wanderer and give him or her some ideas on what to do for
the script.  I also can write stories but finishing the stories is another
matter entirely in my mind.
I also need some way to collect pictures of LDraw versions of LEGO pieces
and be able to build the instruction sets as if it were part of the LEGO
universe, that is, to build LEGO sets from LDraw pictures because using
graph paper on the more complicated LEGO sets and LEGO pieces is really
challenging and I am not a good artist so I have to use my imagination to
draw the sets and there are times where my memory fails me because I draw
these LEGO vehicles and forget or use too many parts or put parts on the
page that are not used in the final instructions for the LEGO vehicle which
is, needless to say, very irritating in my mind.  Do you know of any system
that can randomly generate parts from LDraw or other similar systems the
types of LEGO pieces that you need for an instructuion sheet and can give
you the pieces in any color that LEGO has ever used or to use any background
or generate your own background and to be able to insert your creation in
your background for your instructions for your LEGO sets?  Some people have
inserted their creations into existing backgrounds but I am wanting to know
how they did that and if there can exist a simpler system on how to
accomplish such a feat on the computer.  Thank you for your assistance,
Mister Maynes.
Jesse Long