Re: Brickfest Castle World Coordinator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 21:18:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Shiri Dori writes:
Well, like we discussed earlier (and like Frank mentioned), the biggest CW
event is going to be the Royal Gathering. I hope you've taken that into
account. ;-)

Yep, I haven't forgotten about it.  :)

Good. ;-)

Hmmm...  One problem with the single die roll is it would be far too quick, I
think...  Also, being random, a lowly 10 year old farm boy wielding a rock
could clobber everyone, including the knight in full plate armor.  :)

That's part of the point! The tournament would be hand-combat, so it'd be
"fair" for everyone.

As for quickness - that's good for the first few rounds, and would put more
focus on the semifinals and finals.  This is, of course, assuming we have a
fair amount of people wanting to play; 30-ish or so. (With 32 people, we can
have 5 rounds, and 31 games).

Also,
what about the classic tourney sport of the Joust?  :D

That'd be cool, don't know how that could work, but if anyone has ideas.....

I'll check with Christina about a prize.  :)

Thanks!

-Shiri