Re: Brickfest Castle World Coordinator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:38:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Shiri Dori writes:
Well, like we discussed earlier (and like Frank mentioned), the biggest CW
event is going to be the Royal Gathering. I hope you've taken that into
account. ;-)

Yep, I haven't forgotten about it.  :)

Plus, Chris and I were just discussing Frank's idea for a tournament (a
tourney-ring-type-thing). This could work in a very simple, yet cool manner.

Here's how we think it could work:
- Each person can submit one contestant.
- Each round is "fought" - hands-on combat, no weapons (or, possibly, a
sword and shield only). The round is actually determined by a simple
die-rolling between the two participants. E.g. Scar vs. Verneer: Pawel and I
both roll a die. Whoever gets the higher number, advances to the next round.

Hmmm...  One problem with the single die roll is it would be far too quick, I
think...  Also, being random, a lowly 10 year old farm boy wielding a rock
could clobber everyone, including the knight in full plate armor.  :)  Also,
what about the classic tourney sport of the Joust?  :D

- We could probably have a big, fancy last match ceremony, where all the
figs come to watch, and a ceremony for the winner. Perhaps we can actually
get a small prize for the winner and for the runner-up. (Christina? Is this
possible?)

I'll check with Christina about a prize.  :)

Jeff