Re: Brickfest Castle World Coordinator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:54:17 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Jeff Stembel writes:
Hello all,

Christina has asked me to be the coordinator for all Castle World events at
Brickfest, so please direct all queries or suggestions to me.  If you would
like to help set up or organize some Castle World events, let me know, please.

Hey Jeff-

Well, like we discussed earlier (and like Frank mentioned), the biggest CW
event is going to be the Royal Gathering. I hope you've taken that into
account. ;-)

Plus, Chris and I were just discussing Frank's idea for a tournament (a
tourney-ring-type-thing). This could work in a very simple, yet cool manner.

Here's how we think it could work:
- Each person can submit one contestant.
- Each round is "fought" - hands-on combat, no weapons (or, possibly, a
sword and shield only). The round is actually determined by a simple
die-rolling between the two participants. E.g. Scar vs. Verneer: Pawel and I
both roll a die. Whoever gets the higher number, advances to the next round.
- The tournament is continued in single-elimination fashion, until the last
match is played and the winner is crowned.
- We could probably have a big, fancy last match ceremony, where all the
figs come to watch, and a ceremony for the winner. Perhaps we can actually
get a small prize for the winner and for the runner-up. (Christina? Is this
possible?)

Of course, entering is optional and open to everyone. And of course again,
these are just our barebone ideas and are open to suggestions or to total
ridicule by you all. ;-)

<deep breath>
Whew! Long post.

So LUK.