Re: What to Do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 01:53:04 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Kevin Blocksidge wrote:
   In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Matthew Taylor wrote:
   there is a test forum here: http://pub150.ezboard.com/blegocastle me and Ben set it up. (if I wasn’t supposed to post this just let me know)

I don’t get it. What does that forum have that Lugnet doesn’t do perfectly? I don’t think it’s a good idea to split up Lego Castle discussions.

Uhm.. I’m a founding member of the CBG, and I wasn’t aware of such a site, nor do I agree with it. I believe that lugnet.castle is the most appropriate and accessible place for all online discussion and posting of MOCs.

   This isn’t specifically against you either. I haven’t really understood the need for so many sites dealing with the same thing from the beginning of all these discussions. Where is there the need for a site devoted to Lego Castle stories when very few people ever post stories?

Well, I can think of several people off hand who have stories in progress. I have stories from time to time, Anthony, Nick Oranzi’s Jahmong, Dan’s latest, Ben is working on something, Matt Hein’s got Anachronistic Skies.. that’s five and I KNOW i’m leaving someone out.

A site about Castle Stories would be a central place for such stuff.. ie, a new guy named Roberto just found Lugnet.castle, and he did castle stories on his own. He’d like to see the variety of different story-telling styles, read some of the best stories online.. where should he go? CastleWorld website has it all. One place, and easy to find.

   But on a positive side, I think a site that is a repository for building techniques and such would be an excellent idea. I already have my own personal folder of pictures I’ve saved of really interesting techniques. The only problem I see would be giving credit to all the creators of featured MOCs...

Well anyway, just thought I’d pop in the discussion...

Thanks for contributing. all ideas and voices, even ones that criticize and thoughtfully disagree are welcome and encouraged. thanks!

-lenny