  Re: Update on new CW Site

(...) I've had good luck using IE to save pages for me, it saves the page and all the embedded images in a subdirectory. OK for small sites but for a site with hundreds of pages, probably a non starter. (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Chris Lindsey to the Rescue! (was Re: Update on new CW Site)

Many thanks to the previous two posters for their helpful suggestions. But unix-genius-lugnut-bon vivant Chris Lindsey has mirrored the site using 'wget' ((URL) In mere minutes Chris was able to mirror the site and make a zipfile maintaining (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Chris Lindsey to the Rescue! (was Re: Update on new CW Site)

(...) My suggestion would be keep the old and just build on it. The old look is still fine. I think it would preserve some of the history of CW. After all we're trying to resurect it not create a new one. Just my 1.999 cents. E. (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Chris Lindsey to the Rescue! (was Re: Update on new CW Site)

(...) Hey, I finally found what I think is a tolerably solid windows tool that does the same thing. It's called HTTrack Website Copier, find it at: (URL) achieve good results I found that one has to get into the options, and in particular one *must* (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.off-topic.geek)