Re: How about another short comic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 22:38:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Tony Hafner writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Adrian Drake writes:

Don't worry, I'm planning the next chapter, and hope to have it done in the
next couple of days.  This first one went pretty quickly, because I actually
used the interior of my Minifig Museum of Weaponry as a set piece.  Future
chapters will need new sets, which will take time.  Doing this has really
given me a new appreciation for the work that Brendan Powell Smith puts into
doing the sets for the Brick Testament.

Amen, brother.  I've shot three comics on a very small and cheap set... and
I think I've milked it for all it's worth now.  I need to invest in
baseplates before I do any more.  Or do a Space comic- I've got tons of
space base fodder.

There aren't too many space comics.  That would be pretty cool, I think.

You have one of the more eclectic Lego web sites out there- you dabble in
everything, and do it all well.  Every time I see a post from you, I
wonder... what now?

Hehe, thanks.  That's actually my goal, to be a Renaissance Lego Man (doing
everything).  I have nothing against people who only do one theme, but I
like being diverse.  It allows me to switch from theme to theme if I get
burned out.  The brick investment for this style of building is pretty steep
though :)

You still have a couple other arenas to work on, though.  I don't see much
in the way of trains, nor any Duplo at all.  What's up with that?

Maybe I'll build a fullscale model of my house out of duplo next.  Or not :)
I don't have kids, so duplo's just not gonna happen  :)  As for the trains,
isn't the christmas train good enough for you?  I don't think I can compete
with the realism that many of the trainheads get into, so I have to go for
the whimsical instead.  If another train like that comes along from wherever
I get these inspirations from, then so be it, it'll be built.  Maybe a space
train transforming weapons platform...ooooh...

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com