Re: How about another short comic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:17:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Adrian Drake writes:
This is my first foray into comic style storytelling, and I think I really
like it.  This storyline is currently independent of my other one with the
Kobayashis on the Isle Of Mist, but you never know, they might join together
somewhere down the road...

Check it out, and let me know what you think of the layout and text.  Is it
easy enough to read and follow?

http://www.brickfrenzy.com/castle_cw_01a.html

The format makes for a fast and friendly read.  Navigation is also a breeze.
I see the way that you took your pictures (above angle outside the building)
made for easy editing (... "just add text!" ...)  I thought the blinding spell
was funny (the whole comic had a lighter subtone to it).

That was my goal in this.  Xander and Serena are comic heroes in the vein of
the Hercules and Xena television shows, so there will be a reasonable dose
of comedy in it.  As for the photos, I planned them such that I could easily
stick the text in, yeah.  I'd hate to obscure character faces :)

The thing with the comic view is that it's such a fast read - which is good,
but I'm still left wanting more :)

Indeed it does go very fast.  There are 14 images in the storyline, but
without much text on each image, the story moves quickly.  Even so, it took
about 6 hours to make this issue.  It may be easier to read, but it takes a
lot more work.

There's also a new characters page and a slightly new layout on the main
castle page, if you're interested in a little backstory on my new characters
(there will be more, of course)

Nice format - it's always good to have little bios about the different
characters :)

I actually borrowed the layout of the character page from your Castle page.
I hope you don't mind  :)  Tables inside tables inside tables.  It makes the
head spin!

Adrian