Re: IoM: The Introduction and a few questions.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:58:32 GMT

<snip>

I like the story - good starting point. Like James said, much yet to be
explained...

Questions now.
1.Does the mist affect psionics and psionic creatures?

Well, I'm not sure what those are, *but* yes, the mist affects any creature
that is not native to the Isle of Mist... and possibly some of those, too.

and
2.Can I have a group that sails for 3 days then gets some people teleported
aboard and continues it's journey for 4 days and reaches the Isle of Mist?

Yeah, sure, as long as the teleportation is far away for the Mist, there's
no reason why you shouldn't be able to.
(Like James mentioned, you may wish to denote the "difficulties" of
teleporting onto a moving ship, or you may not. It's up to you.)

BTW I have to get my camera repaired so I can't sighn up for the Isle of
Mist or Castle world yet.But do I need to sign up if all the action is in a
different world right now.

Alright, here's the deal... I will probably echo some of James' words, but
since I am an admin and a story guide, I figured it's worth saying.

Castle World is (as James said) a point of joint storytelling, where
possible. That was its original mission, and still is. Limitations will
always exist, obviously. Everyone has time periods when they can't get hold
of their lego or a camera/scanner. And some people have a harder time
collaborating than others. But the IoM, especially, is a point of *meeting*
between balladeers (= CW storytellers). If you can't make any sort of
contact with other inhabitants on the island, it's hard to fit in.

If you can't take a picture of your sig-fig, you can post his/her
description online and ask someone to take pics for you. There are many
folks who've done that before, and many people are nice enough to help you
out. Then you can join CW.

You can write your stories separately for now, if you wish, but in order to
land on the IoM you *have* to be a member. For now, you haven't even
mentioned the Isle, so feel free to write whatever you want. But the sooner
you join, the more fun we can all have! (Right?)

So, come as you may. We'll welcome you aboard!

-Shiri