Re: More Elias and Blade ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 12:34:21 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
I've finally finished my second short comic about Elias and Blade.
http://web.utk.edu/~pnazarew/new/
After #3, I will take a backseat to this duo.  Any suggestions on
whom I should focus in issue #4?  Check out the "people" page and
e-mail me with ideas.

(Practicing my new "reply to all" button)

Nice. I laughed out loud seeing Blade towing the kaadu ( well, of course
it's not a kaadu as such, since this isn't STAR WARS(TM, grovel grovel)). An
leaving Elis speachless. You might note that in the picture showing Elis and
Blade landing there are a lot of other ships moored in the background. This
is probably intentional (i.e. I assume they are NOT on the isle of Mist) but
notable none the less. The fire is cool though. Lots of neat Brick Tricks
(C)[1] to steal...er borrow.

Another thing to possibly watch, or not given that languages are a lot more
subjective than pictures, are some of the idioms employed.
For example, I would say "not a moment too soon" or not a minute too soon"
rather than "it could not have come a minute sooner". Feel free to ignore me
here, I'm prolly just being overpicky.

But over all, it's terrible only because I wish I had my bricks (and a good
camera) here with me to do the same....

In regards to who next, I wouldn't mind seeing Cleo and the talons or a
short tale from Don Pavroni, I'm sure he's heard lots of good stories as a
barman.

James (who is happy to be corrected if he's overstepped constructive criticism)

[1] either Brick Tricks is (C) someone already in which case I'm sorry for
using it without permission or it's not in which case I Gerber[2] it immediatly.
[2] Gerber (adj) To stamp with excessive authority. eg. Lindsey's disclaimer in
http://news.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=11986