 Star Wars / 11986
Re: Ewoks, Yoda, Lobot pics at FBTB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 03:10:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Leonard Hoffman writes:
i think the design lego chose will allow the ewoks to be slightly less tall
than an ordinary minifig.. if they followed your 'head and hood' idea, the
ewoks would be regular height. i believe they were using chewbacca, rather than
the gungans, as their guide.

   Nah, they wouldn't--the Ewoks have the new Stubbies™ (1) instead
   of regular minifig legs.

on the other hand, the goblin thingies from HP appear to have shorter legs,
probably 1x2 hinge.. why couldn't they have done this with ewoks?

   See above.  They appear to be new legs entirely, not a 1x2 hinge.
   I Could Be Wrong.  But I agree that it's a combination of the two--
   a head with hood wouldn't be short and wide looking *enough*.  Take
   the Stubbies™ together with the molded piece and they should be
   nice n' short.

   best

   LFB

   (1) Stubbies™ are the registered trademark of the Richard
       and Matthew Obviously Winning Eyeball Entry Biting Monkey
       Corporation, Inc., Unltd., LLD., Esq., PDQ.  All rights
       reserved.  All wrongs reserved too, dagnabit.  :D (2)

   (2) I admit it, I admit it, this response was just a terrible
       excuse to make this disclaimer.  Really!