IOM: Prologue to Adventure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 20:38:24 GMT

The following character is not a main character, nor is he likely to ever make
an appearance again.  :)  This mostly just background stuff, and me being
bored.  ;)

------------

Dear Mother, Autusval 18

I hope you and Father are doing well.  I'm sorry for not writing
earlier, but I've been very busy since my arrival in Caer Gwynnyd.  It turns
out that a new discovery made at the Scholastica Arcanum allows sailing ships
to fly!  Because of this discovery, shipwrights were in dire need of
apprentices.  The skills I learned from Father were more than enough to easily
get me an apprenticeship with Master Thorson, the leading shipwright in the
city.  Apparently, the King himself had contacted Master Thorson and asked him
to build a special vessel, designed specifically to use the new flying engines.
As I understand it, this ship will take an expeditionary force to a mysterious
new island discovered far to the west.  Master won't tell me why they're going,
but I suspect the King is hoping the island will be a good source of natural
resources and treasure to help rebuild the kingdom.  Also, rumor around town is
that the hero of our town, Lord Kincaid, will be leading the expedition!
People are saying he has picked the very best people from all over the realm.
Well, I have to get back to work now.  I'll try to write again soon.

Your Loving Son,
Janus

------------

Some background stuff:

Autusval - Second month of autumn in the Gwynnydian Calendar.  ;)

Scholastica Arcanum - This is the most prestigious wizard's university in the
land.

King - King Auld Dragon, of course.  ;)

"Flying Engine" - Special engines that use stones that can vary their densities
drastically with small temperature changes.

Lord Kincaid - Morgan Kincaid, the knight who fought with Auld Dragon against
the usurper Donan.  During a battle at the town of Mirford, he and a couple
dozen townspeople prevented one of Donan's armies from destroying the town
while Auld was besieging Caer Gwynnyd.  He will be the main character of this
story.  :)

Questions?  Comments?

Jeff
"Your GP or your HP!"