IOM: Lew's Journal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 01:36:08 GMT

Hey everyone. :-)

My characters are currently sailing towards the Isle of Mist(1). In order to
update you all on their progress I'm posting part of Prince Lewllyn's
journal. A new entry will be added daily until the time they reach the isle.

-------> Excerpt for the first three days of travel:

Entry One:

We set sail in the chilly dawn. By now Skyllar, my home, is out of sight. I
have to keep reminding myself this is real. I never believed we would
actually be able to leave, even the rough fearless sailors that live on the
coast stay on land this time of year. Yet we were able to make it through
the Dragon’s Teeth without seeing a single cloud. I begin to feel we were
fated to go on this voyage. The Isle of Mist awaits us.

Entry Two:

Another fine day. We passed by several large islands today. Some of them
were clearly inhabited, as we could see other ships surrounding them. As I
write this the tiny lights of a far off island can be seen shining through
my cabin’s window. I realized something: all of the borders we considered
unwavering have faded away. The simple and familiar world we knew is gone.
We will have to find our place in this new world.

Entry Three:

The waters have grown rough today the motion of the boat is beginning to
affect all of us except the captain and crew. I always considered ships to
be a romantic way to travel. It was forbidden to us for so long. It was the
legendary and exotic way that Octavium’s founders arrived. That sentiment
has quickly faded in the drab, nauseous reality of today. Krays tells me we
should arrive at the isle in about four days.

-------> End of excerpt.

1. http://www.geocities.com/cw_isleofmist/index.html

-L