 Castle / Castle Organizations / 65
Re: tour of gregor tower begins
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 21:20:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org, Eric Brouwer writes:
Actually, once it was pointed out to me, I think it's a kinda cool effect for
a page dealing with a powerful magician!  Like invisible writing on the wall
where people in the know can read it, but others continue on blissfully
unaware...

   ya! i do like the effect, and i can't wait to abuse it on pages for EBON,
my black wizard, truly the most evil wizard in my realms. he's one of
mephisto's uncles,and lost an eye recently in the destruction of the red dragon.

    well, i've managed to bypass the standard webtv pagebuilder to create
what's called an advanced editor for pb.  so, _hopefully_ everyone is seeing
the same thing now, grey words on black background.  i'm too tired to care
anymore!  ;-)  i've cleaned up the html a bit, but i'm sure it's still a
mess, but hey, i'm learning! (thanks, john, for your help!)

  now, i must turn off this thing and go do something.  maybe go see "x-men"...

  later ~ (the html-weary) craig~

In lugnet.castle.org, Craig Hamilton writes:
In lugnet.castle.org, Nick Cameron writes:
He used the nasty trick of black text on black background. Just highlight it.
NICK :^A

i really didn't mean to!  these are my first html pages breaking away from
the standard webtv pagebuilder format, and i'm still learning.  the internet
is wonderful, because there's information everywhere, and help arrives from
out of the blue.  i'm working on the text problem so everybody sees the same
thing soon.  plus, i've added a few more pics and text.  thanks for putting
up with me while i fumble way though this!

later ~ craig~

In lugnet.castle.org, Eric Brouwer writes:
Love the pics!

However, I am having problems with the rest of the page.  All I see is black
with your pics.  I am assuming there is text to the sides of the images?

In lugnet.castle.org, Craig Hamilton writes:

hey gang!

  the first of a two part "tour de tour" page has been added:

http://community.webtv.net/castleworld/gregortower

  this is a direct lead~in to the "action~packed" ballad, and reveals more
of the secrets of the tower's mysterious construction.

  thank you all for the comments, praise and interest. it's most • gratifying
to have such a great group to share with.

  later ~ craig~