 Castle / Ninja / 209
Re: Ninja Dojo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 02:13:38 GMT

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Sun Yun writes:
In lugnet.castle.ninja, Joel Hart writes:

This is a very interesting idea Joel.  I'm so bent on using everything Lego
I didn't even think about using paper.  But I think this might do the trick!

I might try this idea except use something like parchment instead of
cardboard and make a frame in the manner you suggested.  You could make an
entire frame out of 1x's and have paper spanning the middle of it.

But the other problem I think KK and I are having is the fact that even if
we do this, the interior walls are still gonna be 3 studs wide.  I'm
shooting for two or less.

I was thinking earlier today about using plates for walls instead of bricks
by slotting them in between studs.  To my dismay I discovered that your door
idea would not work because a plate + tile is just a tad too thick.

One possible solution for a door,  forget the tile and just use the 1x4
plate top and bottom to guide the door.  If you just want a wall, I just had
an idea.  Make a paper or cardboard frame with four tabs.  Picture a square
with four tabs at each corner. The tabs ar just on stud big.  This square
with tabs could then be mounted on headlight pieces. If the headlights are
in a exterior Lego walls the square would be suspended between the walls.  I
hope everyone comprehends what I am saying, it is easy to visualize but hard
to describe.  I have a goal for the weekend, make a paper wall!

Joel