 Castle / Ninja / 208
Re: Ninja Dojo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 01:21:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Joel Hart writes:

I was thinking about sliding doors the other day myself.  I would like to
build Japanese style houses to go with my castles in the future.  My idea is
to use stiff construction paper or card stock, cut it to door size and then
at the top and bottom behind the paper poke through a 1x1x4 or 1x1x6 piece
depending on the size you want.  Then cap with the same size tile.  It would
be a tile-paper-plate sandwich.  It would then be a matter of making the
frame to hold the door.  The paper would have to be stiff enough not to sag
or bend.  I have no artistic bent to decorate the paper but stickers and
stencils might work.  This is and untried idea because i thought about it
the other day and have not had a chance to try it.  If someone else tries it
before me let us know how it turns out.

Joel

This is a very interesting idea Joel.  I'm so bent on using everything Lego
I didn't even think about using paper.  But I think this might do the trick!

I might try this idea except use something like parchment instead of
cardboard and make a frame in the manner you suggested.  You could make an
entire frame out of 1x's and have paper spanning the middle of it.

But the other problem I think KK and I are having is the fact that even if
we do this, the interior walls are still gonna be 3 studs wide.  I'm
shooting for two or less.

I was thinking earlier today about using plates for walls instead of bricks
by slotting them in between studs.  To my dismay I discovered that your door
idea would not work because a plate + tile is just a tad too thick.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

sun