 Castle / Ninja / 142
141  |  143
Subject:
The Chess Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 18:16:07 GMT

G'day all.
     Kung-Khoon Quah's chess set inspired me so much that I decided to create a
basic chess board for LCAD. Currently, the board has no figures due to the
theme I wished to start with. In the near future, I intend to post pictures of
some modifications I made. My once-basic board now looks like Cell's tournament
ring from the Dragonball Z mini-series referred to as "The Cell Game". (Note:
in the U.S. Version, "game" is pluralized.)
Anyway, my board looks like Cell's ring, with the exception of a smoothly cut
piece of topsoil underneath. LOL To make the squares look different, I was
forced to experiment with a transparent color. If anyone working with LCAD can
help me out, I'm looking for the Ninja Torso Pattern (Type 1) that is used on
the dark gray, red, & white ninjas, as well as one of the green ones. Once I
have acquired this pattern (in orange, no less), it will make building "pieces"
a whole lot easier. Anyway, when I post this masterpiece, I will send a reply
to let you know where to see it.
     -- James J.

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Kung-Khoon Quah writes:
It was a fairly obvious idea but one I had to make and it was a lot of
fun making the set.  Thank god for bulk purchases of the B&W tiles 2x2
from LD.  And some timely purchases of blue slope 45 2x2s. LMKWYT !

<"sniperoonie!">
KK