 Castle / Ninja / 143
Re: bushidobrick teaser #1 Tomoe Gozen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 18:54:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Chris Barker writes:
Hey,

I just did a simple but pleasing MOC last night for bushidobrick and
here is a teaser:

Tomoe Gozen
This samurai woman was known for her skill with the bow and nagatina and
for her bravery in battle.  Tomoe Gozen lived during the Gempei Wars in
the late 12th century.  In the battle of Awazu she was able to take
several enemy heads and hold off the enemies long enough for her husband
Kiso Yoshinaka to have time to prepare for seppuku.  Some stories say
she died in this battle, but some say she lived out her remaining days
as a Buddhist nun. Note that "gozen" is a title for the wife of a bushi
(warrior) not an actual name.

A small battle scene is at
I have not processed Kiso's seppuku shots yet, but I'll eventually add
em up as another teaser.

Chris Barker
chris@superfami.com

Can't wait to see the whole story =8^)
Battle scenes are particularly challenging to stage...
I am always interested in viewing Action scenes.

The long black hair piece is growing on me, so to speak.
I really have to find some of those Technic half pins and build a dozen of
these nagatinas.

Are you going to do the whole story in photos?
(or just a handful of shots)

                    John

I guess I am not the only one using X-wing Pilot and Orange Rock Raider
Torsos...lol
(they look really good with the Samurai armor)