 Castle / 9481
Re: My Opinion on Guarded Inn Rerelease...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:29:11 GMT

Bryan wrote:
[...]  First I must say , i'm only 13 years old. I never had a chance to receive
the Guarded Inn.

Thanks for voicing your perspective, Bryan. It's easy for some of us (me
included) to forget that special releases like this, though seemingly
directed straight at the adult enthusiast community, may have an even
bigger impact on your generation. [1]

I'm disgusted by  what LEGO calls sets these days , King Leo's castle is a
bunch of bricks thrown together to create an atrocious model.

Sad though it is, I'm glad to hear you say this.

I'm very very pleased LEGO is rerealesing these classic sets. This is my
chance to get LEGO sets I was unable to buy because I was either very young
or not born when they were released. [...]

Meanwhile, I was a few years too old to have the set originally. I am
happy, for you and me both, to have this chance to experience the set.

-Suz

[1]
Regarding re-release of nice sets - Though I like to think that
prolonged exposure to quality can create more discriminating consumers.
However, more obviously, I see the LEGO Company's wisdom in looking at
their long-term survival through mixing generations.

I've never (in person) seen this original set. I didn't even know it
existed until surfing through LEGO fans' websites when I was about 25
years old. I have to imagine that now, if I had a child, I would
absolutely love to buy this new release for them. It would be a chance
for us to share something special - bridging our ages.

From The LEGO Company's point of view, this will cycle brand loyalty -
important, especially considering that recent offerings are looking far
less like how I remember. (not as nice)