 Castle / 9400 (+20)
  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) Forward the pics to TLC, maybe they'll release more tan bricks, maybe they'll be moved to offer Mid Eastern castles. George (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

OK I wont argue. I would *love* new sets along the design and concepts of the Guarded Inn. Yes new sets of a modular design and in keeping with the feel of the mid - late 80's sets is what I dream of. But IF sales of this set exceed TLC's (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

(...) Blah. I couldn't care less if collectors are annoyed. The new sets won't harm the collectability of old MISB sets. It will only harm the ability of "collectors" to get the red tudor parts and sell them for obscene amounts of money. Pardon me (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

(...) I beg to differ who they are targeting with this release. If they were targeting children, then it would be distributed to the retail stores. The fact that they are only selling on S@H is evidence enough of who there target really is. Besides, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

(...) ROFLMAO!!! Jude It's funny 'cause it's true. ;-) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend lives

(...) Hey, think about people like me: I didn't start buying Lego until long after the inn was released. My castle collection consists of OVER THIRTY KNIGHTS AND NOT ONE BED, NO PLACE TO EAT, AND NO PUBLIC CHAIRS (only thrones)! The guarded inn (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

(...) And what about a new set, which will sell for $25 to the children AND to the collectors who already have the old sets? With a slightly modified set, they would probably make more money. (...) I am definitely not a collector, I don't even keep (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

(...) No problem, I'm not a real collector, although I'm interested in completing my castle collection and I'm a dealer, too (but that's my job). Above all I'm a builder (sorry for using "architect", don't know the right english words all the time) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died

Hello! (...) Of course it is! Why do you think would anybody sell $200 to get a #6067? To complete their collection only. If you want to play you can build way better MOCs! You don't need a set that costs several hundreds $$. (...) I couldn't agree (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

(...) No problem, I'm not a real collector, although I'm interested in completing my castle collection and I'm a dealer, too (but that's my job). Above all I'm a builder (sorry for using "architect", don't know the right english words all the time) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) There's only one way to find out. This might be more a testing of the waters on their direction, or perhaps a test of the lego adult fanatic market, or just simply a way to make some money and make the hardcore happy - I'm not at all convinced (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  (canceled)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

<SNIP> (...) I put together a tan structure a few weeks ago and was hard pressed getting it to look just right myself. I like how you incorporated the wide variety of tan pieces (whatever happened to the Basic Brick?) to put it all together. I also (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

(...) Actually, the reissue should make collectors deleriously happy. Right now there are two major groups of people looking to buy out-of-production LEGO sets- set collectors (those who want to have a set for the sake of having the set) and (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Thanks for responding! I can clarify this as such: In order to produce a set, they have to schedule it, run it, package it and all the other things that go into it. While this occurs, they can't run 'x' set now. They can only do 1 or the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sorry Anthony (was Re: Lugnet has a problem) plz read

(...) I really, really wanted to let this die, but I realized that someday you will be back and that something like this could likely happen again. With that in mind I'd like to say the following: Although a lot of the issues have now been clouded (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

It was like a refresher course in (...) lighting in a couple of those pics! I just wish I had as much tan brick as you do ;-) You have to love those new colors. We'll be seeing lots more of cool new MOC's in these new colors. BK> (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

(...) I've been trying to think of a good way to express this for a couple days now. Thanks, Eric - I agree 100% People like me who only want the parts can get the new one, collectors who want the original can still hunt it down and have their (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

(...) Oh, yeah, this was definitely targeted at us. I don't think it's a coincidence that the first set they picked for rerelease was the highest-rated Castle set in the LUGNET database and one of the more expensive ones on eBay. I was just saying (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) I think the rerelease of old sets can be a step towards better new sets. One of the reasons I always wished LEGO would put out old sets is that it would raise the bar for current sets. I like to think that once people are exposed to older, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact