 Castle / 9310 (+20)
  For those of you who remember...

I've got a few question for those of you who originally bought the Guarded Inn. Did the yellow saddle come with one clip or two? Were the heads of the minifigs solid or hollow? I'm thinking that's the only two elements in the 6067 set LEGO might (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait?

(...) Hey Suz - where was your "I Know Something That You Don't Know But I Can't Tell You So You'll Just Have to Wait But I Can Promise It Will Really Be Good But In the Meantime Please Don't Talk About It" posting? I don't remember seeing that one. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: For those of you who remember...

(...) My PERSONAL standards for completeness say that I must have evidence of a copy of the set. To this extent, I do not yet consider myself Pirate set complete (I'm actually striving for extra credit in Pirates) even though I am 99% convinced I (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (Yup!!!)

(...) Really? You truly believe that there would have been scads of folks going into cardiac arrest over the announcement that a toy is being re-released? Come on - it's not like we're talking about beanie babies or Star Wars action figures. On the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait?

(...) lol. well, I didn't sign an NDA, so it wouldn't have sounded very impressive. ;-) -Suz (...) :-D (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait?

I see the set is in the database... So how long has this page been waiting to be activated? :-) (URL) D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:3B207648.F46381...ate.com... (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait?

Heh heh Actually, you have Jen Boger to thank for her speedy response to the news today. (She just made the page) -Suz (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) I wonder if that is why they are doing the pre-orders. I wonder if the set aare created and ready to go or if they are waiting to see how many they need? I think I'm going to have to rebuild my Blacksmith (I hope I can find all of the furnace (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait?

(...) Right. Because if you had, barring any explicit release, you'd have to continue not saying whether you knew in advance or not. (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

I know I shall be the only one with this opinion, but frankly I am saddened by the re-release of the Guarded Inn. Yes, I will buy one or two, I'm not saying it's a bad set. I've always wanted one. HOWEVER I see no redeemable feature that would make (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Value is what the market will bear. As for your preferred LEGEND sets, all I can say (as one who is not privy to the NDA info) is wait and see. For all we know, they might be releasing exactly the sets you'd most like to buy. As a brand new (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Almost certainly being one of the "hypocritical castle heads" referenced, I should point out that I never called castle walls worthless, just said I don't need more, and would rather see other things first. (...) IMHO? It's not a $300 set. But (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) I guess the question is, are you SADDENED by it or just dissappointed? Sounds more like you just wish they started elsewhere... (...) Personally, I like it for a few different reasons-- It's just got lots of cool pieces that I like: -The red (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) I don't love or hate castle walls -- but I'd probably use the faceted bricks instead of the corner wall piece if I had ready access to them. [note: The Castle Expander pack has 4 of these in grey -- I'd like to see them sold in more colors and (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) (snipped) (...) (snipped) (...) Looks like I didn't pick the complaint winner (see my first post) (URL) Set status is given to this set primarily because it is one of only two castle sets that is centered around village life, and not warfare (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) I agree in that they are just Lego pieces and beyond the rare red tudor walls (white walls, spray paint 'em red, apply black tape, viola! saved myself over $100) I just can't justify the extreme expense. Simply put, for that kind of money, I (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) Hey John, The square windows are actually backwards headlights. Having just put together my FIRST Guarded Inn two weeks ago (after a heated battle on Ebay) the new release is a double edged sword. I kick myself for buying ONE of them at $100, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) Yup, she was serious. Yeouch! Well, at least I can console myself that one of them is my birthday present... James ...waitasec... *I'm* paying for my birthday present! Hey! ;) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Remember that this is the first Legends set they may be testing the waters sure Lugnet AFOL's will go out in droves and purchase this kit. (I prordered a few today) but if others buy it when it sells, well then they might deciede to release a (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) While I agree with much of what you say, here's what I see: Set size is important. I went to the first inflation calculator that Google could find for me, and it said that the 2000$ cost of 6080 would be about $90. It also said that the 2000$ (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact