 Castle / 8600
Re: Anyone built an ogre?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:23:21 GMT

A short time ago Jeremy Sproat posted some models that he describes as "Stick
figure mecha".  They are here:

http://www.io.com/~jsproat/lego/microfig/stickfig/views/

Now, I don't build mecha, and I don't follow that newsgroup, but I think some
of these would make great ogres, or giants, or a Cyclops, with a little bit of
tweaking.

For a giant castle type creature, I would especially point out the following
models on this page: "A91 Heavy Tactical Suit, Kasperic Custom" and "A62 Sensor
Warfare Mobile Station"

Keep in mind that they are made to look hi-tech, and "spacey".  I've been
meaning to modify some of them a bit to get them to look more castle-ish, but
haven't had much time for building lately... :-(

Oh, and in regard to having the figure be posable, I have built the A91 Suit
from Jeremy's DAT files, and it is amazingly posable. :-)

Good Luck.
-Andy Lynch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason" <jasonrowoldt@yahoo.com>
Hi castle fans,

I need to build an ogre for an upcoming scene in a brick animation, and I
was wondering if anyone has done this, or anything like it.

My problem is that I want it to be just about 50% taller than a minifig, or
to scale 9' tall.  If I just increase the height of the fig it looks
unnaturally slender, but any other go at it results in waaaay too much • height.

Ahh ... the other big catch is that is has to be somewhat poseable, because
I will be animating it.

So, the basic question is:  Has anyone created a giant/ogre/troll that is
only or 8 or 9 bricks high?  I'm curious, as my other options are to go out
and get a Technic fig (will that be too big?) .. or (shudder) ... CLAY.

Jason