 Castle / 8597
Re: Anyone built an ogre?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 06:16:28 GMT

P.S.- Definately use the 'thug' minifig head from Alpha Team and Race...you
know, the one with the monobrow!

Matt

In lugnet.castle, Matthew Gerber writes:
Hey Jason,

I'm not normally in .castle, but I saw your message and had an idea. Look at
this Mech and see what you think. I see adding a minifig head with Qui-Gon
Jinn hair, and a club out of three or four 1x1 brown cylinders.

Good luck,
Matt

In lugnet.castle, Jason Rowoldt writes:
Hi castle fans,

I need to build an ogre for an upcoming scene in a brick animation, and I
was wondering if anyone has done this, or anything like it.

My problem is that I want it to be just about 50% taller than a minifig, or
to scale 9' tall.  If I just increase the height of the fig it looks
unnaturally slender, but any other go at it results in waaaay too much height.

Ahh ... the other big catch is that is has to be somewhat poseable, because
I will be animating it.

So, the basic question is:  Has anyone created a giant/ogre/troll that is
only or 8 or 9 bricks high?  I'm curious, as my other options are to go out
and get a Technic fig (will that be too big?) .. or (shudder) ... CLAY.

Jason