 Castle / 8402
Re: new stuff for 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 12:04:38 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tanya K. Burkhart writes:

<snipped>

Greetings!

Still waiting on getting my LUGnet membership to go through... Just signed
up yesterday.

I have some questions:
1) is it just me, or is the tan color hair really hideous on the yellow
minifig face?  Having blonde hair, I would hate to use it on a mini-me.

Eh... I have the tan male's hair from the Starwars Luke fig. It's not so
bad, IMO... :)

2) is painting any piece of Lego totally anathema?  I painted two brown
hairpieces with a much more attractive shade of tan IMO, in order to create
a mini-me and mini-spouse.  Is this something I should just never mention >again?

Nah... don't worry about it - there are those of us that customize/paint our
LEGO... I've used an x-acto knife to scrape the 'microphone' off of the
RockRaider female head (Jets I think her 'name' is) so I can use the head
for Castle stuff. I have modified other things on occasion, but I haven't
painted, yet, but have a mind to do a little bit.

Nice to know I'm not the only AFOL - my husband thinks I'm certifiable.

TIA for the opinions,

~~Tatyana
~~Queen of her own little kingdom

Tanya Burkhart

Definately - till I came across LUGNET just over a year ago, I kind of
figured that I was one of the few. :) My wife actually knows I'm certifiable
(Hi hon! <G>) but puts up with me anyway. She likes LEGO too, just not
nearly as much as I do. hehe.

Welcome to LUGNET - do you have castle related creations? If so, do you have
pictures of your creations? If anything, we .castle-heads love to see pretty
pictures. ;)

Joel J
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego creations.htm