 Castle / 8205 (+10)
  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

who knows maybe the constraint of the book will actually give us what we've all wanted for ages.. either that or it'll be some featureless playsets but lego would never release a featureless playset would they :) "Matt Brooks" <mbrooks@sonic.net> (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001)

  Harry Potter?

I haven't read any of these cultishly popular books, so I'm in no position to judge or make other comment, but what do Potter fans make of this: (URL) extremely odd coincidence, at any rate! Dave! (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC question

I think it was a dream - it was very much like Brian's wizard's tower Only there were two towers on the castle - one was floating like Brian's and the other shorter one was on a corner of the castle. Hmmmm... I guess I need to build it. :-) I (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) I wouldn't call #1 best-sellers as cultish - fadish, perhaps. The web site of the author of Larry Potter is extremely self-serving to say the least (www.realmuggles.com), but she may have a trademark (not copyright) case. The lawyers will have (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) I barely remember seeing this title once or twice. To what, more precisely, are you alluding to, Bruce? Just curious... -- Hop-Frog (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) My money is on Larry Potter staring Timmy. (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) I didn't mean it as insultingly as it probably came across. Think of it merely as an outsider's perception of an endlessly popular phenomenon. It's not a cult, obviously; I mean, it's not Pokemon, for pity's sake! 8^) (...) I know that none of (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) Richard writes: (...) Ah, I see -- the Lord of the Rings, right? Since I haven't read either series I would be interested in the kinds of similarities that appear to exist in both works. Just for extra fun, in what ways does the Lord of the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) The author NK Stouffer's website - www.realmuggles.com - has a list of infringement examples which includes such uncanny shared attributes as... mythical place - perhaps those old Greek guys should sue too? muggle families - what, they (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) O' Mighty Tolkien! Who can stand in thy counsels? Sword of Shanara? I don't recall that referenc in the Great Books, but I could be wrong. (...) Entirely culturally revelvant. (...) Creativity is one thing...Harry vs. Larry Potter is quite (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact