 Castle / 8176
Re: Torso Sticker Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 06:16:02 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Chris Pederson writes:
After the initial run of stickers maybe one of the uses for the template or whatever will be for this.

Well, to each his own.  I should like to obtain the stickers because of the
quality level at which I have understood they will be produced.  And should
Binky, or whomever else, be making those helmets in a semi-mass produced
manner, I should like to obtain some of those too.  Otherwise, I am a DIY
kinda guy...

BTW, I hate to bring up this tiny point of negative criticism, but I think
there may be a problem with the female castle figures as proposed and
basically it is this: where the corseted waist flares out again towards the
horizontal edge of the bottom of the torso, the waist should be made wider
so that it more closely matches the width of either leg or skirt elements.
For that matter, perhaps the waist shouldn't curve in quite so deeply in the
first place (plastic they may be, but they still have to breathe, dammit!).
By way of comparison, please see:

http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon/lego/blaktron.htm

Please note that the waist doesn't curve in, and flares out very nearly to
the sides of the torso.  I know there is a temptation to knock-off the
castle maiden as TLC makes her, but I might suggest a smoothing out of the
design for stickers because a sticker's design will be a tiny bit narrower
than a printed torso's design may be.  You can't just scale TLC's
approximate design as is.  See what I am getting at?

Just trying to be helpful. Please forgive this quibble as it is made in the
spirit of a well-intentioned suggestion -- if it comes down to a difference
in design aesthetics, just forget I ever mentioned it.

=o)

-- Hop-Frog