 Castle / 8175
8174  |  8176
Subject:
LEGO set 6074 / Daluland #708
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 05:13:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Dan Jezek writes:

This is kinda OT:
What about that daluland arabian castle set, very similar to 6074 that you
won on eBay last year?

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=1528

Was that a fake?  There was a lot of discussion about this set and I don't
recall anyone ever confirm this was a real genuine set.

FUT lugnet.castle

To answer your question.  The set #708 Daluland Castle set is a fake.  More
like a copy/clone of LEGO set #6074.  From the box size and design to the
elements.  All the elements are almost the same as #6074 or equal to #6074.
It kinda makes me wonder about LEGO patents/molds.  But thats a different
story.  On the studs of the Dalu elements they do not say LEGO or Dalu.
They are just blank.

The only real difference was the castle figures and the type of plastic that
was used.  I bought it just to see... how close Daluland came close to copy
LEGO.   What I know is DaluLand sets were sold in the Middle East  I
believe.  And Daluland copied not only Castle sets but Town sets.  According
to LEGO Legal department in Denamrk.

The Middle East and China are problems for any company.

-Abner