 Castle / 8181
8180  |  8182
Subject:
Torso Sticker Preview - Answers2Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:32:14 GMT

<<<Totally awesome!!>>>>>
Thanks!

<<<If the price is reasonable, I'll probably get a few...>>>>>
<<<Suh-weet!  I will be buying some of these, I'm sure...>>>>>
I think we are expecting the price to be around $3.00 a sheet, however; many
factors can change this as we move along in the process.

<<<I'm in.  But what's the scoop on the little helmets?>>>>>
Currently, I'm perfecting the helmet making process by trying various ways
of sculpting them. Each try brings me a bit closer to creating the perfect
helmet, which will be set aside for cast molding. I plan to have 3 helmets,
all variations of the typical Great Helm.

<<<Also, if those are the second generation of your crusaders flat-topped ‘haume’ helmets then I'll buy ten for $two-dollars$ a piece!>>>>>
Although these are still prototypes, I'm not sure what the price will be per
helmet once we cast them. Obviously there is a lot of work in making the
mold, and the cost of resin, we'll be working out the logistics soon.

<<<I quite quickly came up with the idea that he could easily have
his own line of custom lego knights.  After the initial run of stickers
maybe one of the uses for the template or whatever will be for this.>>>>>
The main purpose of the sheets, of course, is to allow everyone to be
flexibly creative and use them however they want. Of course, down the line I
may make some custom knights available using the template and helmet molds.

<<<No new Castle!  Bah!  Some of the best castle stuff ever is coming out
this year!>>>>>
This is what happens when TLG leaves us HighNDry.

<<<I know there is a temptation to knock-off the castle maiden as TLC makes her, but I might suggest a smoothing out of the design for stickers because a sticker's design will be a tiny bit narrower than a printed torso's design may be.>>>>>
I'm split between the choice. In one aspect I'd like to be consistent as
much as possible with TLG, but on the other hand, we have a great
opportunity to - perhaps - perfect their designs. Once I complete the
template, we plan to put various designs up for vote and critique.