 Castle / 8073
Re: Medieval Castles - History?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 06:20:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jon Furman writes:
I don't want to cry in my bier here, but I don't see Lego creating a harry
potter series that isn't juniorised.  If Juniorisation is meant to please
young children, YOung children seem to be the target audience for harry
potter.  I believe that we have seen the last of castle lego as we know it.

Actually, Harry Potter is aimed at older children 9-13 (it also happens to
appeal to younger children, teens and adults). Since Harry Potter is a major
license for Lego, I'm being (perhaps overly) optomistic about the sets and
betting that the designs will be more 'Star Wars quality' rather than
juniorised. Hopefully, 6 to 8 months from now, Castle people will be raving
about the new Harry Potter sets (esp. if they put out some midieval-style
Diagon Alley magic shops w/ the Guarded Inn style signs hanging out front).
And who knows, maybe Lego Direct will give us a Castle accessories pack to
satify our armor and weapons needs until regular Castle returns.

Well, I can dream can't I?

Ken