 Castle / 8070
Re: Medieval Castles - History?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 22:38:35 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
No new Castle releases.  Oh, a few hard to find special sets, but no real
follow-up to Knight's Kingdom.  Of course, Lego plays its cards close to the
gravy stains and new releases may be around the corner, but with the Harry
Potter liscense, it seems doubtful that they would come out with two large
castles necessary for both.  And though it has a castle and magic, Harry
Potter is definitely not medieval.  No seige weapons, no knights, no cavalry.

So, the question: is Castle history?  And would you buy it anyway
considering the increasing "juniorization"?  I have yet to purchase the 6091
King Leo's Castle - mostly just acquiring the minifigs.  Maybe if I see it
down around $25-$30, but that would be it.  Will prices rise for old stuff
dramatically?
Bruce

---I too am worried about Castles future!---

I don’t mind the ‘juniorization’ of Castle, as long as the Castle system
doesn’t ‘end’…

A new product line for Castle probably won’t arrive until the beginning of
2003.         (If ever)

I believe that the Ninja line was the beginning of the end for castle.
The Castle line was dealt a swift blow when it was momentarily replaced by
the Ninja theme. And now (to a certain extent) Harry Potter if the finishing
strike to a long and proud line. If castle ever does comes back, it will
most likely appear once every two years or less. And should a new Castle
accessory pack arrive, it’ll arrive in the latter part of the 2003 line.
This is simply my speculation upon the bleak circumstances that have
befallen Castle.

Does anybody else see a dark future for castle?

  Warily,

                          --==Richard==--

You can reach me @ SHROUD_OF_KUNG_FU@Hotmail.com

-Lego good, Canada great-®